Thursday, August 10, 2023

Give it everything you've got...


If you really believe in a project, you must be passionately involved in and committed to it.

 

If you believe in something, be passionate about it.

And if you want to succeed, get fully involved in it.

 

My career was highlighted by cutting edge computer development projects. I know – I’m an HR guy, but the way to some of my professional objectives involved getting involved in things I knew little about. I had a vision, but the IT professionals and developers I talked to told me it couldn’t be done. I took that to mean it hadn’t been done or they didn’t want to risk their careers trying to be the first to do it. But I figured being the first is sometimes the only way to start the ball rolling. Like using business intelligence tools to combine and analyze disparate HR files. Like data mapping information from online templates into HR computer files. Like automating and tracking applicant data. Like creating a paperless HR environment. I’ve said it here before – I’m not the smartest guy in any room, but I am a passionate and committed person about the things I truly believe in. Passionate in that I talked to everyone about my ideas and committed in that I was willing to risk my career to make it happen. If you’re passionate and committed about any idea – big or small, put your heart and soul into making it happen today.

 

Marie Colvin (1956 – 2012): American journalist and prominent war correspondent from 1985 until her death while covering the siege of Homs in Syria. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...