Monday, June 12, 2023

Be as good as you can be...


Nobody expects you to be perfect… But you should strive to be as good as you can be.

 

Being committed

   To being your best

      Is the best anyone can

           Ever expect you to be.

 

The problem with trying to be perfect is that you’ll never achieve it. And you’ll make yourself unhappy and unfulfilled. I once told an interviewer that I wanted to be the best HR professional in the world. Thinking back on that, I now cringe, knowing that was an incredibly unrealistic thing to say. In hindsight, I should have said that I would hope to be a wise, just, thoughtful, and fair HR professional. Maybe I should have said I wanted to be a good person, one who others could rely on for good advice, coaching, and inspiration. Each of us should strive to be as good as we can be in everything we do. That’s a worthwhile goal. One we can be proud of achieving today.

 

Carl Ransom Rogers (1902–1987): American psychologist and among the founders of the humanistic approach (and client-centered approach) in psychology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...