Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Put your back into it...


It’s easy to dream. But it’s a whole lot harder to make your dreams come true.

 

·      Most people

·      Get up and go

·      To work every day.

·      If that’s what you do,

·      Make the most of that time.

 

My Dad used to get up at 5:30 every morning to go to work. He told me once that working that hard was the only way he knew to get what he wanted out of life. Those were big thoughts to a kid but all these years later I see how important they were. Throughout my career, if there were things I wanted, I found the only way to succeed was to work hard. All the computer systems and hiring programs – those were just ideas until we all worked hard to make them happen. Words like grit, determination, perseverance, purpose, and diligence are the ones that define the components of hard work. Write them down and repeat them to yourself when the work starts to get you down. Use them to refocus yourself, to get back up, and keep at it. Because dreams work when you do. Keep telling that to yourself over and over today.

 

John Calvin Maxwell (born 1947): American author, speaker, and pastor who has written many books, primarily focusing on leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...