Monday, May 8, 2023

Don't make people guess what you're thinking...


People aren’t mind readers. Leaders need to remember that.

 

·      Integrity isn’t just

·      Doing what’s right.

·      It’s also about being

·      Transparent about it.

 

My boss once told me: “the difference between a good manager and a great one is his or her ability to communicate”. That got me thinking: was I as good at making myself understood as I was at making speeches? I thought people knew what I was thinking and what my vision was, but sometimes their questions made me wonder. Don’t just think people understood you – ask them. Better yet, listen to their questions – those will tell you everything about your leadership and communications style and abilities. Don’t make people read your mind or be afraid to ask if they understand what you’re thinking; and don’t get defensive when they say they don’t. Integrity in leadership isn’t just about doing what’s right, it’s also about making sure that what you’re doing is effective. People rely on their leaders to clearly explain the what and the why of their intentions. Working closely with your employees will let you see if what you communicated was clear or not. Take time to say what’s on your mind effectively today.

 

Gordon Lightfoot (1938 – 2023): Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist referred to as Canada’s greatest songwriter; he helped to define the folk-pop sound of the 1960s and 1970s.Do

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...