Tuesday, May 23, 2023

A little patience goes a long way...


They say patience is a virtue. But being patient is often easier said than done.

 

·      Having patience is

·      The ability to tolerate

·      All kinds of circumstances.

·      It’s a form of perseverance in 

·      The face of unexpected problems.

 

I’ve spent time trying to figure out the soft skills that supervisors must have to be effective. Things like communications, coaching, and handling difficult conversations. And performance management, servant leadership, and emotional intelligence. And even planning for change. But the more I think about it, maybe another one, right up there with all the rest, is the ability to be patient when the unexpected occurs; to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, mistakes, or uncertainty without getting angry or upset. Some of the best leaders I’ve known had the ability to remain calm in the face these kinds of things, and to let people learn from their mistakes or missteps without being judgmental or critical. I believe they’re able to remain calm in those situations by being keenly aware of their own emotions and what others are going through, and their focus on coaching people to help them discover what they need to know.  They’re like the best teachers you had in school who let you experience the thrill of learning. Be the patient leader your employees can rely on today.

 

Benjamin Franklin (1706 – 1790): American writer, scientist, inventor, statesman, diplomat, printer, publisher, and political philosopher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...