Monday, February 6, 2023

Pat yourself on the back...


Being the best at anything starts in your head – you must believe that you’re good enough. After that it’s just hard work.

 

·      Believing you can

·      And then working hard

·      Enough to achieve your dreams

·      Is what it takes to be a true champion.

 

I was thinking about all the leaders I’ve hired over the years. Some were long-time professionals who I was lucky to recruit. Others were high-potential employees who were inspired to want to do more. And then there were the more than 300 college graduates who took a shot with us while reaching for their dreams. Every one of them strived to be their best and, because they believed they were good enough, they exceeded everyone’s expectations. I run into people all the time who, because they believed and worked hard, had great careers with us. That may be the best part of being a leader – giving someone an opportunity, coaching and mentoring them, and providing the inspiration and motivation to want to be their best. And then seeing that dream come true. I like to believe their success was due in part to our support, but I know that their inner drive and belief in themselves was the real force behind their success. Keep your eyes out for good people and help them achieve their career goals today.

 

Gabrielle Christina Victoria “Gabby” Douglas (born 1995): American Olympic and All-World artistic gymnastic champion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...