Monday, February 13, 2023

Inspiration is still the best motivator...


It’s Sunday night and I’m writing my first blog of the week. There’s no procrastination here.

 

·      Inspire 

·      Your peeps

·      To want to come

·      To work this week.

 

As a kid, I often put off doing my homework or finishing a project until the Sunday night before it was due. To this day I remember how that felt and that’s not something anyone wants their students or teammates or employees feeling. As leaders, we’re responsible for making our employees want to come to work – that the greatest antidote to absenteeism. And yet, absenteeism is the #1 problem in workplaces everywhere. We must create an environment and culture that makes employees excited about what they do, committed to doing their best, and feeling appreciated and rewarded for their efforts. It starts with being aware of what makes your people tick, treating each as individuals, and communicating (speaking and listening) effectively. I know we’d like to think that our people are self-motivated, but teachers, coaches, and managers play a big role in instilling and inspiring that motivation. At the end of the day, our teams are a reflection of us. Make sure your employees’ hearts and stomachs feel good about coming to work today.

 

Bill Marklein is founder of Employ Humanity, a leadership development and culture design company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...