Friday, February 3, 2023

Look on the bright side...


Do you see the glass as half full or half empty? 

 

·      Good things and bad things

·      Happen to all of us all the time.

·      How we view them can affect how 

·      We view everything else that happens.

 

I get aggravated when service isn’t as good as it could or should be. We took a trip this week that involved flying and our airport experiences were frustrating – mostly because of our TSA experiences. The TSA could or should know how many people are flying through their airports every hour of the day, and yet they seem to schedule their services when it’s best for them, not the flying public. We flew during the early morning rush and there were long lines because only two (of ten) lanes were open. And when returning at 8pm found the pre-check lines closed arbitrarily at 6. The public’s opinion of travel is affected more by their TSA experiences than other airport or airline behaviors. I believe the TSA agents are committed to and proud of the work they do, but the organization seemingly operates as if service doesn’t matter.  And that can make for a bad day. But, as my wife often reminds me, don’t let one bad experience trick you into thinking everything is bad. Because there’s something good in everything: we arrived safe and sound and had a great time. Try to see every glass as half full today.

 

Allie Newman: American cancer survivor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...