Friday, April 22, 2022

Life is good...


It’s good to live a satisfying life, and even better for others to recognize what you’ve accomplished. Not to go around tooting your own horn, but to graciously accept the accolades you receive. And life goes on:

 

·      The work you do

·      Is to be given freely.

·      Seeking nothing in return

·      Except what is earned and due.

·      And to find satisfaction in what you do.

 

After working more than 40 years, my friends, colleagues, and I are at or reaching the end of our careers. And like so many others, we now take time to reminisce about the things we’ve done, the places we’ve been, and the memories we’ve made. I am truly gratified by the experiences I’ve had and accolades I’ve received – it’s nice to be known and remembered. In quiet moments I look back upon my life with satisfaction, and that truly is like living twice. But I know I’m not alone in this – so many of those things were accomplished with others, many smarter and cleverer than me. So, it’s fun to tell the stories, to recognize the contributions, to revel in the things we did, and to realize that others will one day do far more. At this point it’s no longer a competition.  Just life. Be satisfied with and grateful for your accomplishments and memories today.

 

Khalil Gibran (1883 – 1931): Lebanese American writer, poet, philosopher, and visual artist, best known as the author of The Prophet, one of the best-selling books of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...