Friday, December 3, 2021

Make every day count...


Work is hard, especially if you aren’t passionate about it. I get up every day and go to work as fast as I can: I love what I do. Everyone should feel like that. Long ago I learned to make plans and try to keep to them – that way I always have a roadmap for most of each day. And when unexpected things happen, I try to take a deep breath and quickly get ready for them. Most leaders deal with countless things each day, making decisions for most of them – they’re easier if you’re prepared, especially if you let others help with the load. There are always more things that come up each day that can and should be delegated to others – that’s how they learn to assist with the overall management of things. I’d like to claim some mastery of time management but that’s not the case – I just try to keep my wits about me. And that’s certainly easier to do when you love and are passionate about how your time is spent. But it’s not perfect – there are always things that are unpleasant or boring: that’s when you should step back and add up the plusses and minuses – because when it’s good, it’s all good. Spend your time doing what you feel passionate about today.

 

Richard Wayne “Little Richard” Penniman (1932 – 2020): American musician, singer, and songwriter, and influential figure in pop music and culture for more than seven decades

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...