Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Learn to read between the lines...


Managers often feel uncomfortable dealing with policy issues – they want them to be black and white, without ambiguity; but many of the issues they deal with are sometimes greyer than that. The problem is that no policy is airtight… so specific that there’s no room for uncertainty and misinterpretation. But, like I said, the grey areas abound. So, we draft policies that are broadly defined and outlined, and ask managers to use their best judgment – not creative interpretations, but common sense. Along with that, we ask them to provide lots of feedback, in real time, so that employees know what their supervisors are thinking and there are no surprises when documentation and more difficult conversations are necessary. Most managers know when and how employees are creatively interpreting the policies in their own favor – that’s the reason to have ongoing feedback and discussions. Whether it’s performance or attendance related, or they aren’t playing well with others, timely communications help keep things on track. And when employees meet or exceed expectations, managers should also let them know in a timely manner. That’s a fair and balanced way to help build rapport with employees to keep them acting effectively and professionally. And feeling trusted and motivated.  And not resigning. Make sure your employees get your meaning today.

 

Pablo Casals (1876 – 1973): Catalan and Puerto Rican cellist, composer, and conductor

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I separated recently. We’ve been married for six years now and it’s been an abusive relationship in all types of ways. I want to figure out myself and fix my own issues so I can fix my marriage because it’s broken down and I’m emotionally drained. I feel it’s unfair for me to try to fix something that I’m the only one that’s putting effort into. I’m so confused. That had been my decision until I came across an article on the internet on how Dr. Peter helped many people to restore broken marriages/relationships. I quickly contacted him, and he told me what I should do, which I did immediately. Within seventy two hours my husband came back and the greatest part of it is that my husband has changed completely, he no longer abuses or insults me. Today, he has become a loving and caring husband. if you are here and your Lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact via email drpeterspellcaster21@gmail.com WhatsApp text/call +19844092762

    ReplyDelete

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...