Thursday, December 30, 2021

Learn from your successes AND your failures...


Being successful at anything is never easy.  I married a professional artist who exposed me to the nuances of all things artistic. So, when my boss started collecting fine art I learned more – he liked van Gogh, and I became familiar with the artist’s work. And now there’s a traveling show that is an immersive experience into the art, life, and challenges of van Gogh. For me, life has been full of lessons (about art and so much more):

 

·      Like artists, most professionals experience lots of ups and downs

·      Sometimes success occurs at the end of, and often because of, a whole string of failures

·      The key to being successful is getting back up and learning from those failures

 

I guess that means we shouldn’t give up, but that’s easier said than done. Learn to talk about your failures and successes, don’t be afraid to take a step back to take two steps forward, and know that you’re not alone in that kind of experience. Most likely, others you know have had similar experiences: seek and listen to their advice. That reminds me of a line in a song I know that says “the next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing”. Learn from each of your successes and failures today.

 

Vincent van Gogh (1853 – 1890): Dutch Post-Impressionist painter who posthumously became one of the most famous and influential figures in Western art history

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...