Friday, December 17, 2021

Be an effective communicator...


Throughout my career in human resources, I worked with thousands of managers and supervisors, most of whom were professionals in every sense of the word. They knew everything about the jobs they supervised but managing the motivations and moods of their employees often confounded them. Those managers earned their promotions and were proud to have done so; it wasn’t always easy, but they persevered, and that’s probably why they often struggled with employees who didn’t always have that same work ethic and dedication. To them, dealing with employees like that was a hardship and so I coached them to learn more about communicating effectively – I would tell them (like my boss told me) that the difference between a good manager and a great one was his or her ability to communicate effectively. That’s because communications are at the heart of just about everything managers do:

·      Speaking and writing clearly

·      Giving instructions 

·      Providing feedback

·      Asking good questions 

·      Knowing how to listen

·      Coaching people 

·      Handling difficult conversations

·      Understanding the nuances of non-verbal communications

·      Conducting meetings 

·      Keeping everyone in the loop

Effective communications can help build confidence and trust in the workplace; without it, confusion grows and diminishes competencies and performance. Master the art of communication and make the job of managing your employees easier today

 

Helen Keller (1880 – 1968): American author, disability rights advocate, political activist, and lecturer

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I separated recently. We’ve been married for six years now and it’s been an abusive relationship in all types of ways. I want to figure out myself and fix my own issues so I can fix my marriage because it’s broken down and I’m emotionally drained. I feel it’s unfair for me to try to fix something that I’m the only one that’s putting effort into. I’m so confused. That had been my decision until I came across an article on the internet on how Dr. Peter helped many people to restore broken marriages/relationships. I quickly contacted him, and he told me what I should do, which I did immediately. Within seventy two hours my husband came back and the greatest part of it is that my husband has changed completely, he no longer abuses or insults me. Today, he has become a loving and caring husband. if you are here and your Lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact via email drpeterspellcaster21@gmail.com WhatsApp text/call +19844092762

    ReplyDelete

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...