Friday, November 13, 2020

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn...


Most of us remember a time we were disappointed… at work, in life, while playing games and in other situations. I had more than a few in my 25 years at Wynn, but because there are so many examples that remind us to keep going, I did and I’m sure you did too. Most disappointments are personal and kept inside… but some are so public that they can’t be ignored. Promotions at work are one example: one person gets the nod, and several don’t… but no matter how they feel, the one selected is congratulated by all. I marvel at tennis pros who are out there alone, and teams that get to the final and no farther: it hurts to lose so publicly and yet most shake it off, learn from that experience, and use that knowledge to spur them on the next time. And I can’t imagine what it’s like to run for public office: this year’s presumed Presidential winner got more votes than any before him, and so did the runner up. Mind you, I didn’t say loser. Because in life there are no losers. Those who don’t win today should never let their head hang down or give up and sit down and grieve. They must find another way to continue on, to play another day. Because the next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing[1]. Think about that today.

Leroy Robert "Satchel" Paige (1906 – 1982): American Negro League (ANL) and Major League Baseball (MLB) pitcher who is notable for his longevity in the game



[1] From the song “The Lucky One”, written and performed by Alison Krauss and Union Station

1 comment:

  1. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...