Friday, November 6, 2020

Get involved...


This has been a big week for getting involved. More than 159 million people voted in 2020’s Presidential election compared to 136 million in 2016. But, here’s the deal: in the grand scheme of things, it’s far less important who each voted for than the fact that so many people decided it was important to do so. Our democracy is based on the concept of voting and frankly, it’s a little embarrassing that historically so few have exercised that right. But this year a record number decided to get involved in something bigger than themselves and voted for who and what they believed in. The fact that the total was pretty much divided between the two major candidates in both of the last two cycles is a healthy exercise in our right of self-determination and expression. And we’re all better off for it. Emotions are certainly running high right now, but we should remember that this has been going on for more than 240 years.  Presidential candidates – both good and bad, come and go, and our republic endures. The reputations of each of the Presidents are hotly debated in real time but their legacies ultimately all contribute to the strength of our Constitutional democracy. People can and do get involved in all kinds of things, at all levels: whatever it is you choose to get involved with is all good. Because being involved is better than being apathetic. Find something bigger than yourself to be involved in today.

John Glenn Jr. (1921 – 2016): United States Marine Corps aviator, engineer, astronaut, businessman and politician

1 comment:

  1. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

Find happiness in giving...

·        Volunteer your time. ·        Offer to teach young people ·        Passion can be found in work. ·        Passion can continue afte...