Thursday, November 12, 2020

Clearly explain expectations...


These sports writers certainly have a way with words and because the business world is filled with sport’s metaphors, this one seems especially apt. Leaders often worry whether the people they hire have the right work ethic and expectations. No need to worry if you have a plan. First – make sure you explain your expectations during the interview process; know what you want to say and clearly articulate it. Second – when you make the job offer, let potential employees know the hours they’re expected to work, how they’re expected to complete their work, and what measures and time frames make up those expectations. Third – during on-boarding, make it a point to engage new hires in discussions about their expectations and yours; encourage them to ask questions and be clear with your answers. Fourth – during the introductory period, give new hires lots of feedback to reinforce your expectations; this is the time when you’re both adding context to previously stated policies and expectations. And fifth – regular employees need on-going coaching to shape their behavior and performance; give them lots of feedback in real time to resolve any misunderstandings. Follow this five-point plan works to make the point – like counting off the fingers of one hand. It’s how you make the point that in life and at work, hard work is the key to success. In that order. Be clear about that today.

Virgil L. "Stubby" Currence (1904-1981): American Sportswriter, Reporter, Columnist and Editor.

 

1 comment:

  1. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

Find happiness in giving...

·        Volunteer your time. ·        Offer to teach young people ·        Passion can be found in work. ·        Passion can continue afte...