Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Measure up...


Every child that played with others heard this quote: parents told it to them every time they left the house. So many things we learned as we were growing up remain with us; those teachings taught us a lot about how we now should run our businesses and conduct our lives. Interestingly, today’s author was a sport’s writer, not an athlete: he was an observer of the game and of life, and wrote about the things he saw - some admirable, others not so much. Truth, like trust and respect, humility and pride, are the values and characteristics we learned as kids and look for in friends, colleagues and team mates: they set a tone for discourse and behavior, in relationships, teamwork, competition… and life. It all comes down to the Golden Rule, which encourages us to treat others the way we wish to be treated. Every day (at home, work and in life) we collaborate with others, compete for standing, stature, and success, and strive to get ahead – those that succeed know how to play those ‘games’ well.  They’re trusted and well-regarded; driven yet humble; respected. Nobody likes to lose or be disappointed, slighted, or ignored, but it happens to most of us more often than we’d like. How any of us respond and rebound are the true measures of our character and become the foundation of our legacy.  Don’t forget the good things your parents taught you… they’ll serve you well today.                                               

Henry Grantland  Rice (1880 – 1954): Early 20th-century American sportswriter known for his elegant prose

1 comment:

  1. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

Find happiness in giving...

·        Volunteer your time. ·        Offer to teach young people ·        Passion can be found in work. ·        Passion can continue afte...