Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Imagine something positive...


Okay… enough (at least for a little while) with writing about the pandemic: let me try to again restart focusing these daily messages on topics related to corporate (and personal) values. If these were normal times, I’d be writing this week about the topic of excellence… and imagination is certainly a big part of that. As you may be aware, most of my professional career was spent opening imaginative resorts and I had a front-row seat to watch and work with some great dreamers on those projects. The volcanos, pirate ships, and dancing waters at the Las Vegas projects I worked on were spectacularly imaginative and being around those things was a sure-fire way to make anyone think outside the box: I probably wouldn’t have dared to dream about online applications and paperless systems if I wasn’t in that environment. From first-hand experience I can tell you that imagination is a glorious exercise, and it affords great satisfaction. To look around at the things you’re doing and imagine how some of them could be better, and what advantages that might create for improving efficiency, productivity, and employee and customer satisfaction can be very exciting and motivating. Every one of us, in every business (and in our personal lives too), have countless opportunities to dream about creating improvements. Break them down into bite-sized pieces, study the heck out of all the possibilities, and give one a shot: improvements in the pursuit of excellence are worth the effort.  That’s how great things get done. So, fire up your imagination today.

Paul Thomas Mann (1875 – 1955): German novelist, short story writer, social critic, philanthropist, essayist, and the 1929 Nobel Prize in Literature laureate

1 comment:

  1. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...