Thursday, February 22, 2024

Take a good look in the mirror...


·      Late at night, when you’re all alone, the truth is your only friend.

·      That’s when it’s crystal clear what’s real, and what’s not.

·      We are who we are, and there’s no getting around that. 

 

This is me being reflective. We often look back on our lives and find instances where we aren’t as proud as we could be of some of the things we’ve done. I know I do… but I force myself to use that as another moment to learn and remind myself what I should and should not do. The point being: use all of that to shape our lives and ourselves every day, and to remember that the choices we make are ultimately our own responsibility. Leaders make countless decisions every day and at that rate not all are going to be impeccable… that’s why it’s so important to regularly stop and review your actions, and learn from the good, the bad, and even the ugly. It’s all part of the process of working to be our best selves. And that too is our own responsibility. Talk to yourself. If you have a coach or mentor, or partner, talk to them. Do what’s needed to shape yourself into your best self today.

 

Anna Eleanor Roosevelt (1884 – 1962): American political figure, diplomat, and activist who was the First Lady while her husband was President of the U.S. from 1933-1945.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...