Sunday, February 4, 2024

Be trustworthy...


        trust

            /trÉ™st/

        noun

1.    firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.

a.    "Relations have to be built on trust"

 

·      In my younger days I sang in a band and rowed crew.

·      Both shaped my views on working together with others.

 

Last year I read the book “The Boys in the Boat”, and last night I saw the movie. In both genres, the story was thrilling and inspiring. About 8 young people who came together in a common quest for a nearly unachievable objective. It was about hard work, dedication, perseverance, and, most of all, trust: they learned that the first three meant nothing without the last. And the best way to find out if you could trust somebody was to trust them. Singing harmonies in a band takes patience and trust – listening to others and letting your voice find theirs (without losing itself). Rowing on a crew team is about synchronization – focusing on others to find your own. These, like working closely with others, is about keeping your word with yourself and other – without these, collective efforts falter. Be someone that others can trust, and give your trust to them today.

 

Ernest Hemingway (1899 – 1961): American novelist, short-story writer, and journalist whose writing had a strong influence on 20th-century fiction, while his adventurous lifestyle and public image brought him admiration from later generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...