Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Don't over-react...


·      Work, like life, has its scary moments.

·      Best to face them head on and learn what they’re about.

 

I loved going to work throughout my career in the gaming industry. But there were times when I I’d be worried about or fearful of what I knew was waiting for me. Most of the time that anxiety was caused by a lack of information. When that happened, I’d call together any and everyone who could help me learn what I needed to know before I’d start to address it. And one of the first things I would have to do is establish some level of calm amidst a chaotic situation. And again, that uncertainty was the result of too little information. The lesson here is that professionals must (1) be calm in the face of chaos, (2) not overreact to the situations they face, and (3) learn to become effective communicators – listening, learning, and directing as needed. These things seem to happen more than we’d like, so make it a priority this year to learn to stay on top of things happening around your and improve your overall communication skills. That will help you begin to master your fears today.

 

Samuel Langhorne Clemens (1835 – 1910): American writer, humorist, essayist, entrepreneur, publisher, and lecturer known by the pen name Mark Twain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...