Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Don't be afraid to try something different...


·      Most new things we take on tend to be scary.

·      Success comes when you work through your fears.

 

After college I started out working in my family’s business. It was something I’d known my whole life. It was challenging, but because I knew it, it was comfortable. That business was sold when I was in my early 30s and I made a huge leap into the unknown world of gaming. Exciting, yes; but outside my comfort zone. And it was scary; but I knew that I wanted it, so I had to work through my fear. I knew HR; I liked working with people; I wanted to make a difference in people’s lives; and it was an opportunity to do something different. It was a great lesson: changing jobs and careers is scary and I learned the importance of making people comfortable going through that. It was lesson in on-boarding, and it has stayed with me throughout the rest of my career. Be aware of what others are going through when they’re making changes in their lives – support them, listen to them, coach them, and be there for them, with a friendly smile and a willing shoulder to lean on. Show them there’s nothing to be afraid of today

 

George Washington Adair (1823 – 1899): American real-estate developer in post-Civil War Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...