Thursday, June 23, 2022

Work smarter...


Yesterday was the summer equinox: longest day of the year. Makes you want to do more. But it’s not how many hours in the day; it’s what you do with those hours.

 

·      Make a plan.

·      Keep a calendar.

·      Implement your plans

·      Effectively and efficiently.

·      Use your time and resources wisely.

 

Most leaders attend classes to improve their technical skills – helping them to better complete the tasks listed in their job descriptions. Because motor skills are important. Training your mind, however, helps you to be confident and optimistic, complements those technical skills, and bolsters self-motivation and self-direction. And those are what get you up in the morning and drive you to be your best. You must train your mind as well as your body if you want to participate fully and achieve any level of success. Because, like athletes, all of us need to set our minds to what we ask our bodies to do, and that’s not just about overall endurance. I certainly realize that at my age many of the things I used to be able to do easily now require me to think smarter if I want to still accomplish them. But that’s true for people of all ages: being smart goes hand in hand with being effective. Use your mind and body together to accomplish the most today.

 

Venus Williams (born 1980): American professional tennis player who was a former world No. 1 in both singles and doubles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...