Friday, June 17, 2022

Who knows where the time goes...


I can’t believe I’m so old. Where’d the time go?

 

·      I was born in 1950.

·      Thinking 2000 was far off.

·      But it came more quickly than expected,

·      As have all the years both before and since.

·      And, in general, I’ve enjoyed each and every one.

 

As kids, we couldn’t imagine being 21, or older. As professionals, we can’t imagine any job but the one we have or doing anything but work. And now in my 70s I know that life goes by fast, way too fast. And I’m chagrined to admit that I haven’t enjoyed each of my years as much as I could or should have. The could haves and should haves are clear, often painfully clear. As I mentioned, my daughter and granddaughters are here at the lake with us for a few weeks. Most nights, one of the grandkids crawls in bed with us: I want to say the bed isn’t big enough, but my wife reminds me to enjoy it – there soon will come a day when they won’t want to do that or even be here with us. Life, like work, is full of ‘be in the moment’ opportunities that are optional, but not really. Get engaged in the important moments in your life. While it’s easy to avoid or get upset with any one of them, having them is better than the alternative. Enjoy life while you still can today.

 

Joan Rivers (1933 –2014): American comedian, actress, producer, writer, and television host; and a pioneer of women in comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...