Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Find your purpose...


I often talk about coming of age in the 1960s, an era that inspired me and so many others to want to do something that made a difference. The choices then were nearly endless:

 

·      Join a movement:

o   Become socially active, 

§  Head Start and the Peace Corp.

·      Become politically active:

o   Back political candidates,

§  Work for some important causes.

·      Or go to School:

o   Get a degree, or two, or three,

§  Become a professional at something.

 

I did all of that and more. And though the issues may have changed over the years, people have always been passionate about and committed to the things they believed in and inspired to make a difference. But interestingly, I discovered the satisfaction of making a difference in the lives of the people I worked with. Helping applicants discover the right jobs, coaching employees to help them find fulfilling careers, inspiring work teams be their best, and making an impact on the cultures of the companies I worked with. In my youth, it was all about supporting the right cause; in my career it was all about focusing on the people; and in my leadership roles it was about creating cultures of excellence. There’s a special purpose waiting for everyone: find what inspires you to make a difference today.

 

Madeleine Albright (1937 – 2022): Czechoslovakian-born American diplomat and political scientist who served as the 64th (and 1st woman) United States Secretary of State 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...