Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Service matters...


I’ve spent the last 8 days traveling and flying in and out of too many airports. Some airports had comfortable chairs and others provided chair massages, and all had sundry shops and food outlets. There’s little else to do while waiting for a flight than frequent those amenities where, to my eye, the only difference between them is the extent to which any of the employees have a clue about customer service and satisfaction.  These encounters seemed meaningless to most of those employees because they know they’ll never see the same customers again.  But there were some exceptions and they will be the ones I remember, comment about, and look for if I travel through that airport in the future.  Unfortunately, both good and bad experiences can be found throughout the service industry. The difference: good service employees love the action and continually swim hard to satisfy customers while the disengaged one’s float like dead fish down a stream. If you’re a hiring manager: look for innovative ways to recognize and reward your good employees; if you’re a customer: be sure to thank the live and engaged ones today.

William Claude Dukenfield (1880 – 1946): better known as W. C. Fields, was a very unique American comedian, actor, juggler, and writer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...