Thursday, September 5, 2019

Don't ever be afraid to try...


People around here fish a lot: these lakes and streams are made for that. Me: I fish too, but I’m not in their league – they’re self-described professionals, with favorite fishing spots and special lures. As a recruiter, I can’t help seeing this favorite pastime in terms of finding and hiring great applicants: I’m a professional recruiter and know it’s best to go looking where you’ve found good prospects before, use your best qualities and values to attract them, set your lines expertly, and learn how to ‘reel them in’. I know most companies and hiring managers think there’s a dearth of good applicants, but maybe that’s because they don’t really know where and how to recruit effectively.  Don’t leave recruiting to chance: track where your best employees come from, have a plan to visit those sources regularly, talk to industry colleagues to learn about their practices, and then get personally engaged in casting your recruiting net creatively and appropriately. Great applicants can always be found… sometimes in places where you least expect it. Make a plan to successfully fish for them today.

Ovid (43-18): Roman Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...