Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Let the music move you...


Like many, I am a diehard fan of the sport teams of my youth: those loyalties were formed while watching games with family and friends. It didn’t matter if the teams won or lost, we supported them no matter what: it was based on ethos more than ego. This kind of deep-seated commitment is the holy grail that recruiters of athletes and employees look for in those they seek to join their team or company. As a kid I remember Giant’s players like Tittle, Gifford, Robustelli and Huff as larger than life: they played with heart, and that meant a lot. So, when Eli Manning was drafted 15 years ago and all but retired yesterday, I cheered for the type of individual he was: one who worked hard, never complained, always supported the team, and constantly helped others to be better. Football teams have playbooks – documenting in exacting detail what every player does on any specific play: sort of like the job description we use at work… the notes, if you will. The successful ones have that individual and collective ethos that creates greatness: it’s the music that fills the space between those notes. Be a music maker today.

Claude Debussy (1862 – 1918): French composer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...