Monday, September 23, 2019

Be the difference...


There are lots of small restaurants near our summer home: the menus are all basically the same but the finished plates are not. After ordering a basic hamburger at several of these establishments, I recently found one that stood out as distinctly better than all the others.  This is not uncommon: the market is filled with lots of similar products, some of which are made markedly better by the people responsible for making, delivering, selling or servicing them. The cook who makes that burger I like so much told me he personally feels responsible for it being that good: he knows it’s a very competitive market and is committed to making his burgers the reason why people eat at his restaurant rather than somewhere else.  Every business is only as good as its people: that’s why it’s so important to make each and every employee feel that they can make a difference. Inspire your team to act as if what they do will make a difference today.

William James (1842 – 1910): American philosopher and psychologist, and the first educator to offer a psychology course in the United States

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...