Monday, September 16, 2019

Try your best...


Everything we do – both big and small – is important and deserves equal effort and attention. I see that often here in the mountains as fellow cabin owners and I work tirelessly to maintain our rustic rural residences. It’s a relatively harsh environment here and these places are stressed by nature and weather: roofs, windows and wells all are affected by the hard winters and need to be checked and maintained regularly. Often the wear and tear is not major, but if left unattended can result in major problems. Like many do-it-yourselfers, I try my best to do what’s needed: those efforts are often less than perfect, but usually better than nothing. With these and the countless other things we attempt in life and at work, it’s important to always do your best: even if those efforts are less than perfect or fail, they’re usually better than doing nothing at all. And, sometimes, great results are achieved. Try your best today.

Robert Harold Schuller (1926 – 2015): American Christian televangelist, pastor, motivational speaker, and author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...