Thursday, April 6, 2023

Don't forget to say thank you...


I shopped at Amazon and Office Depot this past week. Interestingly, the brick-and-mortar store had it all over the online giant.

 

·      Don’t get so big

·      That you’ll forget 

·      Customer satisfaction

·      Is the key to your success.

 

A tale of two customer experiences:

1.    I bought something from Amazon this week: it came with one relatively small and inexpensive component broken. I requested a replacement component, but they (most likely a bot) immediately replied that I needed to return the entire order and buy another. Meaning: inconveniencing me was better than inconveniencing them. Maybe being too big impairs your ability to care.

2.   Three days ago, I went into an Office Depot store near me and bought something relatively insignificant for my home office. Two days ago, I received a short and easy customer satisfaction survey from them which I promptly completed – I was very satisfied, so I gave them high marks. Yesterday I received an email from a sales supervisor there thanking me for my business and mentioning the specific feedback I’d submitted. Said she would share that to ‘help her team improve the shopping experience for future shoppers’. Smart: says they understand that their success is tied to thankful and humble every day. 

 

The lesson here is that information is key to success, especially if used effectively. And that you're never too big to show that you care. If you see something good, say something nice today.

pro·verb

noun

  1. a short pithy saying in general use, stating a general truth or piece of advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...