Monday, October 25, 2021

What's in your playbook...


My clients tell me their managers sometimes lack the confidence to think on their own. Thinking about this after a Sunday of NFL football games reminds me that the best teams use playbooks and lots of practice to build confidence: when they have that they’re able to play well. It’s no different in business: good policies, lots of training, and timely coaching help give managers the confidence to think on their feet. Call them guidelines, rules of the road, or whatever – these are the equivalent of sideline markers and goal posts in football. Meaning, develop your policies, discuss them with your managers, explain why they are what they are, coach them as they begin to use them, support them as they practice, and compliment them when they apply them correctly. This builds confidence. And once people believe in themselves, they can make anything happen. Like making good decisions.  Like planning and thinking on their feet.  Because they believe they can. We expect a lot of managers, and rightfully so. But put yourself in their shoes and remember back when you were a manager. All the questions you had then, and the uncertainty when things weren’t explained adequately. Giving managers the tools they need and the background and understanding behind the things they’re asked to do – that’s what builds their confidence.  And with confidence comes more competence. Help others believe in themselves today.

 

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 – 1832): German poet, playwright, novelist, scientist, statesman, theatre director, and critic

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to share this testimony, I was 3 years ago diagnosed with fibroid and complicated Endometriosis. My medical condition was heart broken because it was causing menstrual cramps,bloating before menstrual periods,lower abdominal pressure which resulted in heavy periods. I was subjected to different medications by my doctor for treatment . Despite my visit to several doctors my health wasn't getting better, all they could say was surgery. At the verge of giving up, I went to the internet to search for a treatment at least. But I found a cure instead. On the internet, I read a testimony of a lady who had Fibroid. She shared an e-mail address of the Doctor. Luckily everything seemed to be okay after I took Herbal Medicine. I wish I could say that’s the end of it because I haven't had any symptoms since then.
    Do not expose yourself to more danger, use a herbal remedy that is safe and effective. If interested contact him via email address droriane6@gmail.com. or via whatsapp +2349031652461

    ReplyDelete

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...