Friday, October 22, 2021

Hit it out of the park...


Following up on yesterday’s message: the opportunity to open the Mirage taught me a lot: mostly that people can tackle the unknown and, with the right plan and desire, be very successful. So much so, that most of the team that opened the Mirage went on to do even greater things at Treasure Island and Bellagio, never quitting in our pursuit of excellence. Like the Volcano in front of the Mirage: that was very cool, but the Pirate ships in front of TI were great fun and Bellagio’s fountains have mesmerized people for more than 20 years. Just being around those kinds of projects inspired the rest of us to reach for our own stars: the culmination for me (as I’ve mentioned here before) was the paperless HR system that we developed for the opening of Wynn Las Vegas. That vision was so compelling that it lured app developers from Silicon Valley to try what was, on paper, doable, but which nobody had ever tried. Again, I’m not the smartest guy in any room, but an idea backed by a drive that never quits worked for me.  And it can work for you too. If you get an opportunity to reach for the stars, commit to delivering excellence and never quit today.

 

Robert Anthony Rodriguez (born 1968): American filmmaker and visual effects supervisor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...