Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Get your motor running...


Every time I see anything like this written about attitude it reinforces my “hire for attitude” idea. An optimistic attitude is the key to getting along with others, making teams more productive, being flexible and open to change, and seeing the good in others and the things they do. In the hospitality and service industries, the interruptions caused by customer requests can get employees down if they don’t have the right attitude about them. It helps them see these as adventures rather than ordeals.  It helps people see the opportunities in everything and avoid letting things get them down. When something goes right, feel good about it and understand why; when it doesn’t, also understand why and don’t dwell on it or beat yourself up over it. Every day in HR was an adventure and I suspect it’s the same in every job. When you get up in the morning, do whatever you do to get ready – exercise, meditate, or one of the many other calming and focusing tactics to open your mind and prepare you to calmly deal with what comes. Get your head on straight and be ready for the adventures you’ll face today.

 

Bob Bitchin (born 1944): Creator of Latitudes & Attitudes Magazine. He divides his time between publishing, writing, world cruising, doing seminars on sailing, and riding his Harley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...