Monday, October 4, 2021

Give a helping hand...


Looking back on my life and career, I’ve accomplished a lot. But none of it would have been possible without the love and support of others. Every idea I ever had was just that until it was worked on and shaped by others. Each was a team effort. Like the last employee handbook – I had an idea that it would be nice to finally create one that employees would actually read. That simple idea led to a lot of brainstorming with the professionals I worked with and that led to a Dummies-like design complete with characters in the margins adding commentary and eye-catching graphics. And sure as can be, that group effort resulted in a handbook that was fun, informative, and well-read. Good ideas are hard to bring to life; most go nowhere without the help and support of so many. If you have a good idea, share it with others, listen to their reactions and ideas, and work with them to it done – because, like my mother always said, ‘two heads are better than one’. Let others help you accomplish the things you need to do today.

 

Althea Neale Gibson (1927 – 2003): American tennis player and professional golfer

 

P.S. Yesterday was my birthday: thanks to all who helped me along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...