Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Start small...


We all make plans… the hard part is implementing them. A common mistake is when we try to make those plans perfect before showing or releasing them. Those that I learned from taught me that “perfection is the enemy of progress”. The solution is starting small, gaining confidence while building a solid foundation, and then incrementally improving as you go forward. Even in the planning stage, starting with small ideas and building them into progressively bigger ones is a good idea. Whether it’s a project or a strategic plan, starting small helps manage everyone’s expectations and allows you to continually build on what you’ve accomplished. This is akin to your mother telling you not to bite off more than you can chew: keep things small and manageable.  And over time those little ideas grow into big ones. That’s how to go from good to great today.

 

Twyla Tharp (born 1941): American dancer, choreographer, and author whose dance company often uses classical music, jazz, and contemporary pop music

1 comment:

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...