Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Make a new plan Stan...


Most people get up and go to work every day. They work on stuff – both big and small, all the while attempting to go good work. Sometimes they even get the opportunity to work on something great. That’s what happened to me – after a decade in the steel industry I found myself working in gaming. And then I had the opportunity to work on The Mirage, which became one of the defining projects (and moments) in this industry. My colleagues there and I had to find simplicity in that very complicated project: there were almost too many “firsts” to get our heads around – the Volcano, an integrated resort, the Siegfried and Roy show and theater (and Secret Garden), high volume hiring, and a massive grand opening (to name just a few). We had to find ways to work together effectively: that project absolutely needed a level of collective creativity only found in teamwork. Early on we realized that it was the opportunity of a lifetime: meaning rethinking everything, being open and flexible, believing in our collective selves, working harder than we ever thought possible, and always keeping our eyes on the ball. In short: it meant having a plan and sticking to it. Whether working on a difficult physics problem or creating something completely new and unique, working together and following a plan are essential to success. These rules apply to every endeavor. Apply them to whatever you’re doing today.

 

Albert Einstein (1879 – 1955): German-born theoretical physicist, widely acknowledged to be one of the greatest physicists of all time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...