Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Keep it simple...


I’m thinking about making resolutions for the New Year, trying to keep them simple and to the point. Like: nothing too complicated or dramatic or frivolous or meaningless to my family and friends and colleagues. After this past year, I’d like to enjoy the simple things in life that were missing in 2020, the things we used to take for granted but which didn’t fit into 2020’s safety and health guidelines. I’d like to be able to hang out with friends, feel comfortable going places, act impetuously every now and then, and not have to obsess about germs. But last year taught us the importance of keeping our resolutions updated and relevant: I pivoted pretty quickly last March and resolved to do all the things the experts recommended so my family and I could stay healthy and live to see 2021. With that in mind, I’m going to make a simple resolution for 2021: to resolve to practice all the things I need to do to stay healthy enough to be able to enjoy my family and friends and colleagues throughout all of 2021; and if things change, I’ll update them. And I’ll resolve to encourage my family and friends and colleagues to simply do the same. 2020 taught us that life can be simple and meaningful. Let’s all resolve to make some simple 2021 resolutions today.

 

Frédéric François Chopin (1810 – 1849): Polish composer and virtuoso pianist of the Romantic era

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...