Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Empathy matters...


This quote is the key to creating a workplace culture of excellence. Not wage bands or benefit plans. Nor paid time off policies. Understanding, empathy and caring are what create employee trust, respect, satisfaction, and loyalty.  Simple as that. Which is why I find it hard to believe that so few companies get it or practice it. It doesn’t cost money, only a little time. It works in good times, which, in our lifetimes, have been most of the time.  And it works even more in bad times: like the times we’ve been experiencing for the last 9 months. So, before you start your day or send out an email or make a decision, put yourself in their shoes (whoever you’re leading): if they don’t get what you mean, you haven’t done it as well or effectively as you could or should have. Teddy Roosevelt once said: “nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care”: that pretty much sums up the essence of being an effective leader. We often can’t change what’s going on, but we can change how we act. Be genuinely understanding, empathetic and concerned to keep the train on the rails today.

 

Rob Fess: Co-founder of Apex Trading

1 comment:

  1. Omg I Finally Got Helped  !! I'm so excited right now, I just have to share my testimony on this Forum.. The feeling of being loved takes away so much burden from our shoulders. I had all this but I made a big mistake when I cheated on my wife with another woman  and my wife left me for over 4 months after she found out..  I was lonely, sad and devastated. Luckily I was directed to a very powerful spell caster Dr Emu who helped me cast a spell of reconciliation on our Relationship and he brought back my wife and now she loves me far more than ever.. I'm so happy with life now. Thank you so much Dr Emu, kindly Contact  Dr Emu Today and get any kind of help you want.. Via Email emutemple@gmail.com or Call/WhatsApp +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...