Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Carpe diem...




“Right now, a moment is fleeting by! ... We must become that moment.” Paul Cezanne

 

There are 24 hours, 1440 minutes, and 86,400 seconds in a day… all of them fleeting. The key to life is not to waste too many of them… because once they’re gone you can’t get any one of them back. I started worrying about lost time when I was a kid, and it has always bothered me. Maybe that’s why I’ve always wanted to get involved in things, to be in on the action, to make the best use of my time. Fast forward to now, in the midst of this pandemic, when we have more time on our hands than normal: a regular conversation with friends nearly always includes talk about how we’re seemingly not doing much and yet we’re not sure where the time goes.  We spend a lot of our time worrying about what’s going on and the rest trying to focus on what to do next: giving folks Covid-19 fatigue. Everyone seems to have it, trying to figure out where these last 10 months went, how to get thru this, and make good use of our time. That’s why we need empathetic leaders: listening and understanding, giving clear direction and following up to see how things went, genuinely caring about our well-being, and creating a sense of safety and security in these uncertain times. Leaders like that help their people become each moment.  Be that kind of leader today.

 

Paul Cézanne (1839 – 1906): French artist and Post-Impressionist painter whose work laid the foundations of art in the 20th century

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...