Friday, September 11, 2020

Always remember...


Looking quickly at this quote, it’s not clear what tragedy she’s referring to: for many of us who lived through 9 11, that was the Tragedy – with a capital T, of our lives. But these words can also apply to the tragedy of this Covid-19 pandemic; fact is, all tragedies leave us a similar feeling: life is short and there is no time for hate. Tragedies bring us together in shared circumstances and emotions, leaving us stunned but hopeful. Life continues on for the living and, how we respond, shows our true nature. Caring, empathetic and resilient are the characteristics that bind us together, get us through the darkest moments, and help guide us into the future. I know exactly where I was and how I felt when first seeing the images of those planes hitting each of the Twin Towers and suspect you do too. And I remember where I was and how I felt when we first learned of the danger and extent of Covid-19. All tragedies bring their own terms and images into our lives and leave us forever touched. This latest one most likely won’t be the last, so remind yourself that life is short and there is no time for hate today.

 

Sandy Dahl, wife of Flight 93 pilot Jason Dahl, in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, in 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...