Monday, November 4, 2019

Don't be so full of yourself...


I do most of my shopping online: it’s easier than fighting the crowds.  But every now and then I like to go to the mall to get my retail experience fix: when there I always stop in the Apple Store. It’s the epitome of what a shopping experience should be. It’s simple design is uncluttered both physically and visually: minimal and bright; it’s staff both personal and professional. They are quick to check you in and get you pointed in the right direction, and they always have answers for your questions. I marvel at how much they know and how quickly they can take care of whatever issue you have: like most techies, they’re full of information, but unlike some, they don’t have the big head that often goes with that knowledge. They’re proud of what they know, but humble in how they act, not making the rest of us feel less because we don’t know that much. Of all the things in an Apple Store, that’s the one I find the most impressive. Be both proud and humble today.

Robert Burton (1577 – 1640): English scholar at Oxford University, best known for the classic The Anatomy of Melancholy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let involvement spur you on...

F or the people who grew up in the 60s, listening to John F. Kennedy say we were going to put a man on the moon in that decade sounded beyon...