Wednesday, June 20, 2018

You can prevent customer dissatisfaction


Years ago, I made a flippant comment to a Chamber of Commerce audience in Las Vegas that the soon-to-open Mirage employment center would not be like going to the DMV. Upon returning to my office, the then governor of Nevada called to chastise me for making that comment and asked me to join a group that was reviewing Nevada’s DMV experience.  That was a clever way to deal with my apparent bias. Fast forward to June of 2018: I need a replacement automobile title from the NY State DMV for a car I leave at my summer home there – two office visits and several 30+ minute on-hold calls reminded me about the kinds of DMV problems I used to experience in Nevada (long since mitigated there by the work of that group). The DMV people I dealt with here this past week have obviously never been encouraged to take responsibility for the problems they inadvertently create. Put yourself in your customer’s shoes, help them overcome the obstacles that policies sometimes create, and eliminate the possible causes of their discontent and bias today.

Simone de Beauvoir (1908 – 1986): French writer, intellectual, existentialist philosopher, political activist, feminist and social theorist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be yourself...

·        Like many, I sometimes would like to get away from myself. ·        That is, as we all find out, easier said than done.   I  didn’t...