Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Get your team engaged....


 Turned on, in the moment, engaged: those are terms you hear a lot from management: it’s one thing to say it, another to get it right. I ate at a Morton’s last week while visiting Niagara Falls on the Canadian side: the view of the falls was magnificent, the Grille menu was tasteful and varied, and the ambiance was nice and quiet for a large space. I’d bet there were lots of places to eat that night and many just as well operated. But: the server put the dinner over the top: knowledgeable and precise, personable and fun, professional and efficient; turned a very good meal into a great experience. She’d been in the service business on and off for years, recently managed her own thing, now back and just enjoying a server’s life. She was TURNED ON and made a believer out of me: if I ever visit there again I’ll go right back there over the rest of the competition.  Letting good people do good things is how you go from good to engaged. TURN your staff ON today.

Ben Simonton: Retired military and business leader, currently a management consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just be yourself...

·        Like many, I sometimes would like to get away from myself. ·        That is, as we all find out, easier said than done.   I  didn’t...