Tuesday, June 19, 2018

May his memory be a blessing...


“Whatever you do, be so good they can't ignore you.”Candy Crowley

My friend Felix Rappaport passed away suddenly yesterday.  I knew him from the early days in Atlantic City – we were up-and-coming HR guys, and I recognized his potential.  Years later I recruited him for the Mirage after his success in operations at the Hershey Hotel: once he hit the Strip, there was no containing his personality and style. Felix was a tough business person with a big heart, a big smile and an infectious laugh: those who worked with him felt included; those who knew him felt appreciated; and those who needed him knew he cared. Great leaders start by being great people: they work so hard and so good they can’t be ignored. He understood a leader’s enormous responsibilities and lived up to them every day. Felix most recently was President of Foxwoods: the tribe that owned the property, the people that worked there, and those who knew him have reacted with shock and sadness, as you’d expect when a valued colleague and friend passes so unexpectedly. Rest in peace my friend.

Candy Crowley (b. 1948): American news anchor who was employed as CNN's chief political correspondent, specializing in USA national and state elections

1 comment:

  1. Arte - I was honored to have worked with him - truly a gentlemen that was kind to all .... another gone too soon. He mentored many and I am so grateful that I was one of them. Nicely said - but you always have the "best words".

    ReplyDelete

Go find what you need to know...

·        You ask me, the best part of leadership is making decisions. ·        Flinch in the face of those and competitiveness is often lost...