Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Give people a reason to believe...


Everybody has quirks – odd things they like doing, or not. I like washing dishes.

 

·      Washing dishes is a good way to see things through.

·      Each time is a great little sense of accomplishment.

 

Maybe it’s because I don’t hear so well and after dinner conversations often are hard for me to follow. Or maybe I really do like a few start-to-finish accomplishments every now and then. Whatever, I really like doing dishes – the bigger the meal the better. And because it’s important to have the right tool for the job[1], in this, the right soap is important. Which leads me to the point of today’s message: I think Proctor & Gamble’s Dawn soap division must be a cool place to work – they apparently have a culture that promotes initiative and rewards creativity. A few years ago, they came out with a new formula cleaner that made it easier to remove baked on stuff. And now, they’ve changed the old Dawn dish soap bottle – the one with the little flip top that tends to get clogged; seems someone there re-imagined that long-running design and created a new-fangled squeeze top, one I hadn’t yet seen on any other squeeze bottles. It immediately caught my attention. I couldn’t resist their ingenuity. It again, re-upped my loyalty. It’s a simple thing, but loyal users of any product love it when improvements – big and small, magically appear.  It reinvigorates their loyalty. There are lots of products on the market – they each need creative and continuous improvement to maintain customer loyalty today.

 

Benjamin Disraeli (1804 – 1881): British politician and one of the founders of the Conservative Party, who twice served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom



[1] An original saying by R. Crumb’s Mr. Natural cartoon character

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...