Thursday, July 13, 2023

Don't let getting older get you down...


Growing old can be challenging… unless we adapt to the changes within and without.

 

Living

   Is about

      The habits

         We live with.

 

I’ve always enjoyed driving, from my first 68 Chevy Impala Super Sport convertible to my VW Bus, all the way to my current electric car. And I’ve always had a bicycle, from the first one my father taught me to ride to the 18-speed cruiser I currently use. But as I, like many in my generation get older, driving has become more stressful, and cycling more difficult. It’s these kinds of hassles that often spawn all kinds of creativity: like Uber and electric bikes. When it’s late or busy or stormy, Uber offers an easy alternative to driving and even though I like the freedom of my own car, the Uber app is an easy and often better option. And, while hills haven’t gotten any bigger, that little boost from the motor on my new e-bike allows me to go farther, feel younger, and get the exercise I need. These two innovations (and so many more) seem made for the greying of America. All it takes is for us older folks to adapt to our changing conditions and adopt some of these innovative alternatives. Don’t let tradition and old habits get in the way of enjoying your life today.

 

Divad: Business leader at The Rebel Kulture, a consulting group that transforms brands with simple, remarkable ideas into globally disruptive businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...