Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Every step counts...


Most of our lives are fairly stable – no great interruptions or surprises. But you never know.

 

Life is a mystery.

   We never know

      What awaits us

         From day to day.

 

I figured my life would follow a path like my father’s – he’d worked for his father, and I worked for him. After working there for twelve years, we sold the 75-year-old manufacturing business, and I was recruited into the gaming business. That profound change highlights the kind of impact a job can have on someone.  People have all kinds of experiences – good and bad, big and small, but I think one of the biggest ones can be related to changing jobs. It can be full of hope and excitement or uncertainty and anxiety. Much of that transition depends more on one’s boss than on the work involved: he or she can be warm, welcoming, and supportive or aloof, demanding, and disconnected. On-boarding refers to the process of bringing someone into an organization. Remember your first days on a new job and whether it made a good first impression. That experience can alter the trajectory of your career, one way of the other. Make someone’s first days on the job a great experience today.

 

Devendra Obi Banhart (born 1981): American-Venezuelan singer-songwriter and visual artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...