Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Find a friend...


Someone I know recently went to her 70th high school reunion. She reports there were several people there, some who she’s known ever since. That’s amazing. 

 

·      How many friends you have is a function of how good a friend you are.

·      That’s why our loyalties, and how we treat them, are important.

 

I still have friends I met in 4th grade – more than 60 years ago. And friends I met in college – more than 50 years ago. Good friends are like treasures – something to cherish. Having good friends for that many years builds a sense of loyalty to the concept and reality of friendship. These are people who’ve accompanied me on this journey, through thick and thin, good and bad, high times and low. We tend to know what the other is thinking and can finish each other’s sentences. We’re not as spry as we used to be, but there’s still that sparkle in our eyes. Just the mention of their name(s) sets off fond memories. Friendships don’t start that way – they’re developed through being open, willing, and caring. This is the season of reunions – if you have one coming up, plan to attend, continue the long-standing relationships, and rekindle old ones that may have been lost in time. Loyalty to a friend is a virtue. Show your loyalty to someone special today.

 

Milan Kundera (1929 – 2023): Czech-French novelist (The Incredible Lightness of Being). Kundera went into exile in France in 1975, acquiring citizenship in 1981. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...