Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Pace yourself so you're ready when needed...


Life is full of challenges. For me those challenges at work were mostly related to big projects. And once I got involved, there was no holding back.

 

·      If you’re going to do something,

·      Give it everything you’ve got and don’t hold anything back.

·      In the end, win or lose,

·      You’ll want to know you couldn’t have done anything more.

 

It’s a balancing act: we wanted everyone involved with opening our resorts to work harder and smarter than they ever had. But we also encouraged them to pace themselves because at the end of the pre-opening phase we went right into live operations. With customers. And we had to make sure everyone saved enough energy to take care of them properly. Meaning every one of our  leaders had to be role models for working hard while pacing themselves and appropriately. Because we knew that if left alone, employees would work too many long days and run the risk of burning out. But by focusing on this issue, the pre-opening employees at our new properties were rested and ready to take care of our guests when we opened to the public.  And as I read about how today’s Gen Z employees are demanding a real balance between work and life, I think back to our resort openings and the way our leaders back then had to make sure that a balance happened. Help your employees balance work and life so they have enough energy to spend on customers  today

 

David Herbert “DH” Lawrence (1885 – 1930): English writer, novelist, poet and essayist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your heart and soul into whatever you do...

If I had a song I'd sing it in the morning I'd sing it in the evening All over this land I'd sing out danger I'd sing out a ...